Sunday, January 1, 2012

Light and Peace


It's a new year and a new step in my journey of healing and grieving. I decided to share the name I've picked out for my first baby. Though I had my abortion when he was six weeks gestation (much to early to discover the sex) I firmly believe the Lord has revealed to me this baby was a boy. Just as I knew Lily was a girl from the beginning of my pregnancy, I just know this baby was a boy. It's amazing how God can reveal that to you. I feel He showed me that with Lily so that when I'm here on this journey of grief over my first child, I can have the peace and confidence in knowing he's a boy. My mom also said a couple nights ago that she strongly feels he was a boy. My whole life I always believed I'd mother a boy first and now I have peace that I do. :)

In order to have a name or an identity, one must exist. To exist can never be past tense. The Bible tells us to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. My dear child not only existed at one time on earth, growing quietly hidden from all eyes within my womb, but has since existed in my heart. And now exists in Heaven with the King of all Kings. In knowing Him, I know my first child. My child who now exists in the only perfect place there is. My little boy who is now with his little sister, Lily Katherine, in Heaven. When I meet him there, I will know more than just his name...

Anyways, I feel there are many steps in this journey. Sharing my testimony was a big one. Getting the ultrasound picture from Planned Parenthood was a big one. And now naming my child is the next step. For a couple years, I've wanted to name him, but didn't want to do so until I was sure the Lord was revealing to me the gender of the baby. Now that I have peace in that, I didn't want to name him until I was sure it was a name God was giving me, not just any old name. It was frustrating because I didn't want to rush naming him, but also didn't want to keep referring to him as "my first baby." I prayed it would be as beautiful and orchestrated by God as my daughter, Lily Katherine's, name was.

Well, there were two names that kept coming back to my mind. The middle name was one that I never would have considered naming my child, but it just kept coming back. I decided to look up the meaning of both names and was in awe over the beauty and depth of the meaning. It couldn't be more perfect for my story. I see God's fingerprint all over it. 


The name is  ....



Meaning of Luke: The root exists in Greek as well: the word (leukos) means (1) light, bright, brilliant, of sun light, or (2) of color: white. In the sense of white, the name Luke is related to the Hebrew name Laban, except that the Hebrew root that gave rise to this name never means light-giving. This Greek word for white shows up in words such as (leukainos), meaning to make white, and an enormous array of words like that - from having white blossoms to having white arms or to be with white horses. The noun (luchnos) denotes a portable lamp, and the very fair word (amphiluke) denotes the morning twilight.

Wow.

In the midst of my darkness, my sin, my sorrow, God has brought light. He lifted me up out of my pit, cleaned me off, and set me on a firm Rock. My story looks like one of utter darkness, yet look how the Lord has redeemed it and turned it into a beautiful story! Only HE can do that! I am white as snow in the eyes of my Jesus because of His cloak of righteousness around me. He has made me white. He has brought light out of the darkness of my abortion. After the darkness, comes the morning twilight. After my abortion and living in sin has come beauty and redemption, unlike any I could have dreamed. 

"So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light." ~Romans 13:12b...I saw this Scripture written somewhere random yesterday at a good friend's wedding and it was confirmed that this is my baby's name. I have put aside the deeds of darkness in my life, my past behavior and have put on the armor of light. What the enemy meant to destroy me with, God has brought light out of it. As we are willing to bring what is in darkness into the light, the Lord heals...

Meaning of Shiloh: Hebrew-Peace. Possibly a symbolic name for the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

The Lord has brought complete peace and healing to my heart. Things that would take those in the world many decades to heal from, Jesus Christ brings healing with a single breath, a single word. He defies all darkness. Also possibly a symbolic name for the Messiah. It serves as a reminder that He is coming and will wipe away every tear and we will have complete peace for eternity with Him. And I will be reunited with both my babies that glorious day.

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." ~Isaiah 1:18

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." ~Galatians 2:20

I love my precious first child, Luke Shiloh, the very soul that rendered me a mother. I honor and remember him today.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you openly share about Luke. :) And I just love the name God revealed to you. I think it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...